Bang bang brussels sprouts are the perfect versatile recipe for both a family dinner or a larger get together. They are gluten free and dairy free, made with sriracha and sweet chili sauce, and can be both an appetizer with a mayo dipping sauce or a tasty side dish!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Versatility: You can serve these as an appetizer or as a side dish or even as a snack.
- Simplicity: Having a tasty Brussels sprouts recipe on hand that doesn’t take much work is a good addition you your “back pocket” recipes.
- Family Friendly: Having Brussel sprouts that have more flavors than just the Brussels sprouts along with the option of using a dipping sauce is a good way to get kids and skeptics to love Brussel sprouts!
- Meal Prep: These bang bang Brussel sprouts reheat well and are perfect to meal prep and divvy into lunches or simply to make ahead to quickly reheat for a dinner side.
For the Brussels Sprouts
To make the Brussel sprouts you simply need a pound of Brussels sprouts with the ends trimmed off, salt, and pepper.
For the Sauce
The sauce for this bang bang Brussels sprouts recipe firstly consists of mayo, sriracha sauce, and sweet chili sauce. Beyond that you’ll need olive or avocado oil, minced garlic, and the juice from half a lime which equates to about 2 tablespoons.
How to Make Bang Bang Brussel Sprouts
Start this recipe by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. If you have larger Brussel sprouts cut them into quarters and if they are smaller cut them in halves.
Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat one with nonstick cooking oil or spray.
Spread out the Brussel sprouts in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the top.
Then, in a small bowl, whisk all of the sauce ingredients together until it is well combined and smooth. Drizzle half of the sauce mixture over the Brussels on the baking sheet and toss them around a bit to get them coated.
Arrange the newly sauced Brussel sprouts back into a single layer on the baking sheet and place them in the oven for fifteen minutes.
Remove the Brussel sprouts from the oven and toss them with the last half of the bang bang sauce. Again, arrange the Brussels into a single layer and place back into the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until your desired level of crispness.
Alternate Cooking Option
Another option for cooking is to toss the Brussel sprouts with half of the bang bang sauce and cook for the full 30 minutes. With this method you retain the last half of the sauce for dipping if that’s more your style.
Serving and Storing Instructions
Serve your bang bang Brussel sprouts with a garnish of fish cracked black pepper or a little shaved parmesan. They work well as an appetizer with a little extra bang bang sauce for dipping or drizzled over the top. Use them as a side to any dish that needs a tasty green side to round out your meal.
Main Dish Recommendations for This Recipe:
- Air Fryer Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Chicken Potato Skillet
- Smoked Chicken Quarters
- Garlic Chicken Gnocchi
To store this recipe let it cool to room temperature and place in airtight meal prep containers or one large container and refrigerate. They will keep well for about 5 days.
This recipe reheats super well and is a great one to make ahead of time to quickly warm up when you want a snack or side anytime. These Brussels are the perfect side addition to your meal prep plan for this reason as well.
Other Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love!
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Shredded Chicken Salad
- Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Garlic Brabant Potatoes
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- 1-pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- Salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the brussels sprouts in halves or quarters, depending on how large they are. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly spray with nonstick cooking oil
- Spread the brussels out over the baking sheet in one layer and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until the sauce is smooth. Drizzle half of the sauce over the brussels and toss to coat
- Rearrange the brussels so they are back in an even layer, and place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss with the remaining sauce. Place them back into the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp to your liking
- I used Sir Kensington’s Organic Mayo and Pretty Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Use my homemade mayo recipe to make your own mayo.
Optional Cooking Method: You can opt to just toss them in half of the sauce and bake for a full 30 minutes, and use the remaining half of the sauce for dipping
Optional Cooking Method #2: You can cook these in an air fryer, the time will just be cut down to about 15 minutes total.
Keywords: bang bang brussel sprouts, how to make bang bang Brussel sprouts, oven baked Brussel sprouts, bang bang Brussel sprouts in the oven
This bang bang Brussel sprouts post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.