This simple buffalo chickpea salad is a fast and delicious meal, dip or side dish. It’s made with fresh ingredients like mayo, carrots, and celery, and is made in under 20 minutes. The buffalo chickpea salad is gluten free, dairy free, meatless and is a versatile recipe for everyone to enjoy. Look no further for a healthy, satisfying salad that’s made in a snap!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Buffalo Chickpea Salad Ingredients
For this easy buffalo chickpea salad you will need two cans of drained chickpeas and a half cup of both mayo and buffalo sauce.
You’ll also need 3 ribs of celery, a quarter of a red onion, and a half cup of shredded carrots. Lastly, parsley and dill will round it out and you’re ready to go!
How to Make Buffalo Chickpea Salad
To start off, mix the buffalo sauce and mayo together in a large bowl. Once combined, add in the two cans of drained chickpeas. Next, mash the chickpeas lightly until they’re 50-75% mashed. This ensures the right texture for the completed salad.
Once the chickpeas are mashed, chop the celery and red onion and add it to the chickpea mixture. Add in the shredded carrots, parsley, and dill. Mix it all together until well combined, serve, and enjoy!
Additions to the Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- Add in some chopped radishes for a little more kick.
- Sprinkle in red pepper flakes to taste for some added spice.
- If you have some leftover shredded chicken around add it for a buffalo chicken chickpea salad.
- Finely chop a jalapeño and mix it in.
- If you’re not specifically going for dairy free sprinkle in some blue cheese crumbles to taste.
Serving and Storing Instructions
You can serve this zesty chickpea salad in countless ways. Serve it on bread and make a buffalo chickpea sandwich or wrap it in lettuce and make fresh tasting wraps. I like butterhead, collard wraps, and romaine.
Another of my favorites with this recipe is to treat it like a dip for cucumber slices, celery, and carrot sticks. Spread it on baked crackers or in bell pepper halves. The possibilities are endless!
To store your salad, place it into an airtight container and refrigerate. It will keep well for around 5 days. Store it separately from any lettuce you may be using as wraps and assemble them just prior to eating.
Other Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
- Cherry Tomato and Feta CousCous Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Classic Chicken Salad With Grapes & Celery
- Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- In a large bowl mix the mayo and buffalo sauce
- Add in the chickpeas
- Mix together and lightly mash so the chickpeas are 50-75% mashed
- Add in the celery, red onion, carrot, dill, and parsley and combine
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with celery, baked crackers, or on bread
This buffalo chickpea salad post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.