Chicken Caprese Sheet Pan is a super quick and spectacular one-pan meal that’s ready in 30 minutes, gluten free and low carb! This simple dish looks and tastes amazing but it is actually very easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Caprese Chicken Ingredients
To make this simple sheet pan chicken you need a pound of chicken tenders or chicken breasts cut into tenders, 8-10 ounces of cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves.
Mayo and pesto are required to make the sauce. You’ll also need olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mozzarella pearls (6 ounces) are optional but recommended.
Lastly required is balsamic glaze. I use the balsamic glaze from Trader Joe’s. Some balsamic glazes contain sugar so if you’d like this dish to be truly keto, I recommend checking the label or making your own sugar-free reduction (see blog post for instructions).
Making Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken
Start this recipe by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or give it a spray with cooking oil.
Next, in a large bowl mix the mayo and pesto until it is well combined. Add in the chicken tenders and toss them in the sauce until they’re completely coated. If you’re using chicken breasts, cut them into tenders and then toss them in the sauce.
Place the cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle them with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Use your hands or a tongs to toss them and coat them in the drizzle.
Then, arrange the chicken tenders on the sheet pan around the cherry tomatoes. Give the chicken a little space so its the tenders aren’t touching each other.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the tomatoes are slightly blistered. Add the mozzarella pearls 5 minutes before the end of the cook time if you want them to be slightly melted.
While the sheet pan is in the oven, cut your basil leaves chiffonade style. This is simply slicing it into long, thin strips. They tend to curl a little and both look pretty, and also mix into the dish well.
Once the cooking is done, add the mozzarella if you haven’t already. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the entire sheet pan and sprinkle the basil over the top.
Making Homemade Balsamic Glaze (Balsamic Reduction)
If you can’t find a sugar free balsamic glaze or simply want to make your own reduction it’s a very simple process! About a cup will work but you can use more or less of the balsamic vinegar as desired.
- Bring a cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir frequently and simmer until syrupy to your desired thickness (about 10 minutes).
Serving and Storing Instructions
My favorite way to serve this dish is with an arugula salad. It’s light and fresh and works amazing with the caprese chicken flavors. You can also serve with roasted veggies of your choice (try broccoli or asparagus, yum!).
This sheet pan capers chicken recipe also works well as a pasta topper, Just remember to have extra pesto and balsamic on hand for a little more sauce on the pasta and get the pasta cooking while the sheet pan is in the oven.
Store this recipe by letting it cool to room temp and placing it in one large container or individual meal prep containers and placing in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 5 days.
The sheet pan capers chicken is a fantastic recipe for meal prep when served with the salad, veggies, or pasta. It reheats well with pasta or veggies or is great cold with the salad for lunches!
Other Caprese and Chicken Recipes You’ll Love!
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Tomato and Feta Couscous Salad
- Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- 1-pound chicken tenders, or chicken breasts cut into tenders
- 8–10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 6 ounces mozzarella pearls
- Balsamic glaze
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, sliced chiffonade
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with a cooking oil spray
2. In a large bowl, combine the mayo and pesto. Add in the chicken tenders and toss in the sauce to evenly coat
3. Place the cherry tomatoes onto the baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss the tomatoes to coat them all. Arrange the chicken tenders on the sheet pan so they are not touching, and the cherry tomatoes are around the chicken
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is slightly golden and the tomatoes are slightly blistered
5. Optional: in the last 5 minutes of baking, add the mozzarella pearls to the sheet pan around the chicken to slightly melt them
6. Once done, remove the baking sheet, add the mozzarella if you haven’t already, and drizzle the entire sheet pan with the balsamic glaze. Sprinkle the sliced basil over the sheet pan and serve over arugula salad or with roasted vegetables
Keywords: caprese chicken, sheet pan caprese chicken, low carb caprese chicken
This caprese sheet pan chicken post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.