Instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta is a delicious quick and healthy pasta meal. It can easily be made gluten free and dairy free. The homemade bruschetta uses only six fresh ingredients. When you couple that with the seasoned chicken and pasta it makes for an incredibly satisfying meal. With the ease of the instant pot, this fast, no mess pasta, is sure to be a hit!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Ingredients
For the pasta portion of this instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta you need olive oil and 1 to 1.5 pounds of diced chicken breasts.
You will also need 3 cups of chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, a pound of bowtie pasta, and a cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Finally you’ll need dried parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
The homemade bruschetta mix starts with 5-6 fresh and diced Roma tomatoes. Additionally basil, red onion, olive oil, minced garlic, and lemon juice are required. Salt and pepper to taste, as well, if you so choose.
Making Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
We start the instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta by setting the instant pot to sauté and adding the olive oil. Place the diced chicken pieces into the pot and sauté for about 2 minutes. Use a tongs to flip them over and sauté for another 2 minutes.
Next, sprinkle the parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the instant pot. Toss the chicken pieces in the spices gently with a tongs so they’re coated.
Once the chicken is coated, pour in the broth and balsamic vinegar. Add the uncooked pasta on top of the chicken. Then press it down so the pasta is in an even layer and is submerged in the broth equally.
Place the lid on the instant pot and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes and get ready to start making the homemade bruschetta!
While the instant pot is coming to pressure and cooking, place all the homemade bruschetta ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir them well to combine everything evenly and set it aside to marinate.
After the cook time is up on the instant pot do a quick release with the pressure valve and remove the lid. Stir the chicken and pasta and set the instant pot back to sauté mode. You can let it simmer for a few minutes to reduce the amount of liquid if you wish.
Add in 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and stir it into the pasta sauce. Turn the instant pot off of sauté mode. Stir in the homemade bruschetta mixture reserving some for a topping later if desired.
Let the instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta sit for 2-3 minutes to let the bruschetta mix heat up a little and you’re ready to serve.
Making Gluten Free Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
To make the instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta gluten free you simply trade the regular pasta for your favorite gluten free variety.
I prefer Barilla and Jovial usually but any kind will work with the exception of chickpea pasta. The cooking is different for that and the recipe is better suited for the other kinds of gluten free pastas.
Once you’ve selected your gluten free pasta the only change you make is to reduce the cook time by 1 minute.
Making Dairy Free Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
Making this instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta dairy free is as simple as leaving out the grated parmesan cheese from the recipe. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
Serving and Storing Instructions
To serve the instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta I recommend garnishing with any of the extra homemade bruschetta mix or parmesan cheese you have left. An extra drizzle of balsamic and more basil works great as well.
Storing this recipe is simply letting it cool to room temp and dividing it into meal prep containers or a larger air tight one and refrigerating it. It’ll keep for about 5 days just fine. The instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta is a great recipe to reheat for weekday lunches and is just as good leftover.
Other One Pot Recipes You’ll Love!
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry
- Kung Pao Chicken Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Cashew Chicken Skillet
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
For the Pasta:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch pieces (about 2 large breasts)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-pound uncooked bowtie pasta (cavatappi or penne pasta works well, too)
- 1 cup grated parmesan, divided
- Optional: balsamic glaze to drizzle over top of finished chicken pasta
For the Bruschetta:
- 5–6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, stems removed and thinly sliced, plus more for topping
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the instant pot to “sauté” mode and add the olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Once hot, place the diced chicken pieces into the instant pot. Sauté for about 2 minutes, and then use tongs to toss or flip them over and sauté an additional 2 minutes
- Sprinkle the parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder, pepper and salt over the chicken and use the tongs to gently toss the chicken pieces to coat them with the spices
- Pour the broth and balsamic vinegar over the chicken, and then add in the uncooked pasta. Without stirring, press the pasta down a bit so that the pasta is in an even layer and equally submerged in the broth. Place the lid on the instant pot and set the pressure valve to “sealing”
- Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. While the instant pot is coming to pressure and then cooking, prepare your bruschetta. In a medium bowl, combine all of the bruschetta ingredients, stir well, and set aside to marinade
- Once the cook time is up do a quick release with the pressure valve and remove the lid
- Stir the chicken and pasta and put the instant pot back on sauté mode. If there’s too much liquid left for your liking, keeping it on sauté mode for a few minutes will simmer off some and reduce it
- Add in 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and stir into the pasta sauce. Turn the instant pot off of sauté mode and then stir in the bruschetta mixture, reserving a bit for topping if desired
- Let the pasta sit for 2-3 minutes to allow the tomato mixture to heat up, and the serve. Garnish with optional reserved bruschetta mix, parmesan, fresh sliced basil and balsamic glaze
For Gluten Free Bruschetta Chicken Pasta:
- Trade regular pasta for equal amounts of a gluten free pasta
- Avoid chickpea pasta
For Dairy Free Bruschetta Chicken Pasta:
Keywords: instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta, easy homemade bruschetta, chicken bruschetta recipe
This instant pot bruschetta chicken pasta post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.