This easy and healthy strawberry baked oatmeal recipe is made with rolled oats, dairy free milk, and the perfect combination of maple syrup and cinnamon! It’s totally gluten free, makes great breakfast meal prep, cooks in just 30 minutes, and can be assembled the night before to be baked the next day!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Gluten Free Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
This baked oatmeal recipe has very few ingredients and requires only a few minutes of hands on time to get ready. You’ll just need 2 large eggs, a pint of strawberries, and a cup and a half of almond milk, or another dairy free milk option, such as coconut milk.
For the pantry ingredients, you will need olive or avocado oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, rolled oats and then a bit of baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. All of these ingredients are super easy to find in grocery stores, or from online places like Amazon.
Can you make this vegan strawberry baked oatmeal?
To make these gluten free strawberry baked oats vegan, the only ingredient that needs to be changed are the eggs. In place of the eggs, you can substitute flax eggs. Or, you can use 3/4 cup applesauce. If you do use the applesauce, make sure to use one without any added sugar so that the baked oatmeal doesn’t get too sweet with the maple syrup as well.
Prepping and Cooking Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
It’s really quick to prep the oatmeal for baking. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and slice your strawberries. Then you will add the eggs, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and stir together until the eggs are beat.
Add the rolled oats into the mixing bowl and mix the oats in with the liquid. Lastly, pour in the almond milk, stir to combine it with the oats, and then gently fold in the strawberries.
You’ll want to lightly spray an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with a cooking oil spray, or line it with parchment paper. The oat mixture will then get poured into your baking dish, flattened out so it’s in an even layer, and placed in the oven. Bake your strawberry oatmeal for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the middle has set and has no liquid visible.
Preparing the Night Before Cooking
You can absolutely prepare your gluten free strawberry baked oatmeal the day or evening prior to baking. Simply completely all the steps up until putting the oatmeal bake into the oven. Cover the mixing bowl with a lid or a type of air-tight wrap and refrigerate it.
When you’re ready to bake the next morning, add your oats into the baking dish and bake as instructed in the directions. You do not need to let it warm to room temperature, but it may need an additional minute or two in the oven.
Serving and Storing Baked Oatmeal
Once the baked oatmeal is done, let it rest for about 5 minutes and then you can cut it into square or rectangles. This strawberry oatmeal is delicious served with reserved strawberry slices, any other type of berry, a light drizzle of maple syrup, dairy-free or greek yogurt or a sprinkle of chia or hemp seeds.
Baked oatmeal stores really well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and can be reheated in the microwave or enjoyed cold as an oatmeal bar. Before storing in the fridge, let it cool completely. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or individual meal prep containers for easy grab and go breakfast.
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Apple Spiced Oatmeal
- Breakfast Burrito Skillet
- Mediterranean Sausage Hash
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Bake
- Homemade Maple Breakfast Sausages
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- 2 large eggs
- 3–4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk or coconut milk
- 16 ounces strawberries, green tops removed and sliced, a few reserved for topping if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and slice the strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together with the maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- Once the eggs are beaten and the ingredients combined, mix the oats in well
- Then add the almond milk to the mixing bowl and combine it with the oats. Lastly, gently fold in the strawberries
- Lightly coat an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with a spray oil or line with parchment paper. Pour the strawberry oatmeal mixture into the baking dish and pat down to flatten into an even layer. Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the middle has set
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes prior to slicing and serving
Keywords: gluten free breakfast, baked oatmeal, strawberry baked oatmeal, oatmeal bake, dairy free, gluten free, breakfast recipes, meal prep breakfast
This healthy strawberry baked oatmeal post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.