This pineapple curry fried rice is both easy and fast. It’s naturally gluten free, dairy free, and completely vegan. The flavors of the pineapple and curry combine with the cilantro and green onion in one pan for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal with minimal cleanup. This one checks all the boxes!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Pineapple Fried Rice Ingredients
For this recipe you start with 4 cups of jasmine or basmati rice, sesame oil, 1 diced white onion, minced garlic, 2 diced or thinly sliced carrots, and 1/2 a diced red bell pepper.
Optionally, if not keeping this vegan, one scrambled egg and salt and pepper to taste.
Making Pineapple Fried Rice
Start your curry fried rice by first cooking the rice. Day old rice works the best for this recipe so if you have that on hand you save a step. Second, add the sesame oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
When the oil is hot, add the diced onions to the skillet and sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften. Next add in the minced garlic, carrots, and red pepper. Sauté that all together for about 3-4 minutes.
Then add in the cooked rice and frozen peas and mix it all together. When that’s mixed together, pour in the coconut aminos and mix that in. After mixing, sprinkle the curry powder over the rice and stir it in.
Lastly, add in the chopped pineapple, green onions, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper if desired and stir it together until combined. Let it heat through just a minute and your pineapple curry fried rice is complete.
Optional Scramble Egg Instructions
If you’re not trying to keep this recipe vegan, a scrambled egg is a great addition. Just soft scramble an egg ahead of time. Don’t overcook the egg so it doesn’t dry out too much when you add it to the rice.
Add the scrambled egg in the last step when you add the pineapple, green onion, and cilantro. Mix it in with the rest and let it heat through like normal.
Serving and Storing Instructions
Garnish your pineapple curry fried rice with any extra green onions or cilantro you may have left or sprinkle some red pepper flakes on it.
Serve this recipe as a main course with a side of roasted broccoli or vegetable of your choosing. It also works well as a side dish for a chicken dish or anything else that you think of when you think “rice.”
Perfect recipes to pair with Pineapple Curry Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Chickpea Tikka Masala (GF/DF)
- Whole30 Sticky Asian Chicken Thighs and Spicy Green Beans (Paleo/GF)
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry (GF/DF/Vegan)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli (Whole30/Paleo/GF)
Other Asian Inspired Recipes You’ll Love!
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein with Spaghetti Noodles
- Kung Pao Chicken Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 egg, scrambled
- Cook the rice if not using leftover rice (day old rice works and tastes best)
- Add the sesame oil to a skillet over medium-high heat
- Once the oil is hot, add in the diced onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften. Then add in the minced garlic, diced carrots and diced pepper. Sauté them together for 3-4 minutes
- Next, add in the cooked rice and frozen peas. Incorporate them in with the other vegetables, and then pour the coconut aminos (or soy sauce) over the rice. Mix that in with the rice, and then sprinkle the curry powder over the rice and mix that in
- Lastly, mix in the chopped pineapple, chopped green onions, and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper
Scrambled Egg Instructions:
- Soft scramble the egg
- Add it at step 5 and mix it in. Let it warm through
- Ground turkey, pork or chicken can be cooked and added into the curry fried rice for added protein if desired
Keywords: pineapple fried rice, pineapple curry fried rice, pineapple rice, one skillet pineapple fried rice
This pineapple fried rice post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.