This instant pot lasagna soup only takes 30 minutes, is cooked all in one pot, and can be made gluten free. Made with ricotta, jarred marinara sauce and ground Italian sausage or ground beef, it has all the lasagna flavors you want without taking up much of your time!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Ingredients for Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
The ingredients for the is recipe start with a pound of italian sausage or lean ground beef, a diced yellow onion, and minced garlic. Next you’ll need 4 cups of chicken broth, 24 ounces of marinara or red sauce, and a 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes with the liquid.
The herbs and spices you’ll need consist of dried basil, dried parsley, onion powder, oregano, red pepper flakes (optional), and salt and pepper to taste. For cheese you need a cup of ricotta and a half cup of parmesan.
Lastly you’ll need 8-10 lasagna noodles. Ten if you want a thicker, heartier soup, and balsamic vinegar. You can substitute the lasagna noodles for 8-10 ounces of bowtie pasta if you like as well.
Making Lasagna Soup
Start the instant pot lasagna soup by setting the instant pot to sauté mode. Add in the ground meat, the diced onion, and minced garlic.
Brown the ground meat while crumbling it for about 8-10 minutes until it is no longer pink. Drain the excess grease if necessary. This will depend on how lean your meat is.
Next pour in the broth and use a spatula to scrape up and of the brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Then pour in the red sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, parsley, onion powder, and oregano. Stir it together to combine.
Break the lasagna noodles into large bite sized pieces, nothing too small though! Add them to the instant pot and make sure they’re evenly submerged in the liquid but don’t stir.
Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes. Once the time is up, do a quick release on the pressure valve.
Next, stir in the vinegar and any salt and pepper to taste. You can stir in the ricotta and parmesan at this point or leave it out and mix it individually into bowls so everyone gets the cheese level they want. Then garnish and dig in!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Additions
- Try adding a few handfuls of baby spinach stirred in with the ricotta after pressure cooking for more color and added veggies.
- Add 1 cup diced zucchini or 1 cup small diced carrots before cooking for more vegetables.
- Add an extra cup of broth after pressure cooking if you prefer a higher liquid to noodle ratio. I like to add it after cooking, because adding it beforehand increases the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Making Gluten Free Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
To make this recipe gluten free you swap out the lasagna noodles for a gluten free variety. I tend to use Barilla or Jovial but you can use your preferred brand. The one note is to not use chickpea noodles for this recipe as they cook differently.
If you’re making this recipe gluten free reduce the cook time on the instant pot by 1 minute otherwise the recipe remains the same.
Serving and Storing Instructions
Garnish your soup with parsley or basil. You can also add red pepper flakes is that’s your style.
If you didn’t mix in the cheese in the last step of the cooking instructions, garnish with the ricotta and parmesan. Shredded mozzarella is also a great garnish for this recipe!
To store the lasagna soup let it cool to room temperature first. Then transfer it into an airtight container or individual meal prep containers. Refrigerate and it will keep for about 5 days. Add some ricotta before reheating if you want a little extra creamy cheese .
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll love!
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- 1-pound ground Italian sausage or lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 8–10 lasagna noodles (10 for a heartier, thicker soup)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped flat leaf parsley or fresh basil to garnish
- Optional: red pepper chili flakes in the soup or to garnish
- Turn the instant pot onto “sauté” mode and add the ground meat, diced onion and minced garlic into the pot. Cook the ground meat while crumbling and browning until it’s no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the excess grease if needed (this will depend on how lean your ground meat is)
- Pour the chicken broth into the instant pot and use your spatula to scrape up any brown bits stuck on the bottom of the pot. Pour in the marinara, diced tomatoes, basil, parsley, onion powder, and oregano. Stir to combine
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite size pieces (but not too small) into the instant pot. Do not stir, but push them down so they are equally submerged in the liquid in an even layer
- Place the lid on the instant pot. Set the valve to “sealing” and cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes. At the end of the cook time, do a quick release of the pressure valve
- Stir in the vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. At this point you can stir in the parmesan and ricotta, or leave it out and serve a scoop of ricotta and sprinkle of parmesan on top of each bowl
- Garnish with cheese, if not mixing into the soup, and any additional toppings such as fresh chopped parsley, basil, oregano or red pepper chili flakes
- Add 1 cup diced zucchini or 1 cup small diced carrots before cooking for more vegetables
- 8-10 ounces of bowtie pasta can be used in place of lasagna noodles
- Shredded mozzarella is also a great topping for this soup
- Gluten-free noodles can be used in place of traditional pasta. Reduce by 1-minute cook time if using gluten-free (do not use chickpea noodles for a gluten-free pasta for this recipe)
Keywords: lasagna soup, instant pot lasagna soup, gluten free soup, easy lasagna soup
This instant pot lasagna soup post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.