Stuffed peppers make a great meal. This stuffed pepper casserole makes them even better by taking the prep time down to only 15 minutes! It’s easy to make, it’s gluten free, and it makes enough to feed the whole family. Take the work out of dinner and give this beef stuffed pepper casserole a go for a simple, healthy, and hearty dinner. You won’t regret it!
No worries! Save to Pinterest and read later.Save to Pinterest
Stuffed Pepper Casserole Ingredients
For the beef stuffed pepper casserole you will need a pound of ground beef, minced garlic, olive oil, and one yellow onion. Additionally you’ll need Worcestershire sauce (you’re not required to pronounce it properly), cumin, oregano, dried basil, salt, pepper, and a little paprika.
You will also require one green bell pepper, one red bell pepper, a can of diced tomatoes, an 8 oz can of tomato sauce, a small can of diced chiles, water, and a cup of uncooked brown rice. Half cup of both Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese, both shredded, and you’re all set!
Step by Step Cooking Instructions
To start with, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a casserole dish with a cooking oil spray. Next add the oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add in the minced garlic and saute about 1 to 2 minutes until it’s fragrant.
Then add the ground beef and diced onion and cook until the beef is browned and the onion is translucent. Once it is drain the grease and return it to the skillet. Now it’s time for the Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir until its well mixed into the beef and onion mixture.
The next step is to pour your beef mixture into the casserole dish you sprayed earlier. Add in the diced bell peppers, the can of diced tomatoes (NOT drained), the tomato sauce, green chiles, brown rice, and the water. With two spoons mix it up thoroughly until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Cover your casserole dish and slide it into your preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Take it out and remove the cover. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and put the casserole back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes uncovered or until the cheese is melted to your liking. Garnish with chopped parsley if you so choose and you’re ready for beef stuffed pepper casserole!
Storing Stuffed Pepper Casserole
To store this casserole, let it cool completely. Then you can transfer it into a large container with an air-tight lid. Or divide it up into individual containers for meal prep or leftovers. This recipe makes a really hearty weekday lunch option and reheats well. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other Casserole Recipes You’ll Love:Print
PS. If you’ve made this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1–pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed and drained (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly coat a casserole dish with a cooking oil spray
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the ground beef and diced onion
- Cook the beef until crumbled and browned, and onion is translucent. Drain the grease and return to the skillet
- Add the Worcestershire, cumin, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and paprika and stir into the beef and onion mixture
- Add the beef mixture to your casserole dish. Then, add all of the remaining ingredients except for the cheese and parsley
- Use two spoons to stir everything together and combine
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Take off the cover and sprinkle the cheese over top. Place back into the oven and cook, uncovered, for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- Garnish with chopped parsley
This stuffed pepper casserole post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give healthyheartyrecipes.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.