- 1.5–2 pounds ground beef
- 5 russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 (15 ouce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 cups chicken or beef broth for a thinner soup
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until fully cooked. Drain the grease and add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker, cover with the lid, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add chicken or beef broth for a thinner soup at the end of cooking if desired. Serve as is or top with cheese and oyster crackers.
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot such as a dutch oven until fully cooked. Drain the grease and add it back to the bottom of a large pot.
- Layer in order the potatoes, onions, celery, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, soup, and seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the stew starts to boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Let simmer until all vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. Add chicken or beef broth for a thinner soup.
- Cook covered and stir occasionally.
- Instead of tomato soup, you can use an additional can of diced tomatoes, or 2 cups of V8 tomato.