- 2 cups puffed cereal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1/2 cup mini choclate chips
- Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. In a large mixing bowl, toss together oats and puffed cereal
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and salt. Microwave mixture for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Add vanilla and stir to incorporate
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and toss well to evenly coat. Add chocolate chips or nuts or any ingredients you’re adding in and gently fold into the mixture
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, firmly press mixture into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 15 minutes or chill in refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Lift bars from dish using foil overhang and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Gluten free no bake granola bars: To make this recipe gluten free just make sure the puffed rice cereal you use is gluten free and make the recipe as normal.