- 16 ounces shellbow pasta
- 24 ounces red sauce
- 24 ounces meatballs
- 10–12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- boil noodles to al dente (par boiled, not completely soft)
- add 1/4 of the sauce (1 cup) to the bottom of the casserole dish and spread meatballs across the dish
- add red peppers and dollops of ricotta evenly across casserole dish
- sprinkle on half of the mozzarella and the parmesan evenly across the casserole dish
- mix the noodles and the rest of the sauce and add the to the top of your casserole dish
- spread the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan over the top of the noodles and sauce
- cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is bubbly on top.
For Gluten Free: Simply swap out the regular noodles for your favorite gluten free variety and cook to al dente according to instructions on the package. Make sure the meatballs you’re using are gluten free.